Sunday, April 4, 2010

My Cruising Musing: Day Six

Day 6
This is our second day at sea. I am fairly uncomfortable with my sunburn but capable of enjoying the day in spite of this. My wife and I entered a Ping-Pong tournament. We both easily won our first round games but we lost our second round games because the activities director doesn’t know the rules to ping pong (and since we just hosted a ping-pong tournament we are very well aware of them). He was allowing illegal serves which we normally just let go but were required to play in this tournament. It was hard to adjust to this sloppy kind of play and by the time I managed, it was too late. I was also at a great disadvantage as the table I played my second game on was out in the open and subject to the elements. I ended up playing into a 39 mph wind. Several times I tossed the ball up to serve and when I brought my paddle through to hit the ball, it had moved several feet to the side. I’ll concede defeat to Fabiano (my opponent) but not a spot in my life boat.
Today was a mostly relaxing kind of day. We took in a trivia contest at 2; Nicole Scrapbooked at 3; Name that tune TV show at 5; we also watched UP (well the first 45 minutes of it) in the screening room. It was a nice day. We stayed inside mostly because of the wind and our sun burns. There are quite a few people who walk around in a constant state of drunkenness. I am not sure if Alcohol helps you float, but for their sake I hope so.
This was also the day the teenagers became restless as a countless number of half eaten ice cream cones rained down on the glass tops of the elevators with a splat and slid down the sides. This upset all the old women who threatened to put on even more perfume and beat the kids with their canes. I am not sure that I will ever take kids (be they 6 or sixteen) on a cruise. I figure their parents spent roughly $600 dollars to take these ungrateful urchins on a beautiful ship to the picturesque landscape of the Mexican Riviera-what do these morons do? Spend all day in the stupid elevators. These kids should be locked in their cabins and their parents should be beaten about the face and neck.
This was also our second formal evening and we received the pre-meal appetizers we were supposed to receive as part of our special package. They delivered them to our room for us to enjoy while we dressed to go to dinner. What they gave to us was a plate of tiny Canapes. Which I assume is French for crap on a crappy cracker. They were nasty and by far the worst food I had tasted of the entire cruise (and I had Escargot). However, they did redeem themselves that night with the Lobster. This was easily the best lobster I have had in my life. It was so good in fact that everyone at our table had seconds.
After dinner we returned to our room and watched the rest of UP. We enjoyed the after dinner sweets that were also a part of the package that we were supposed to receive earlier in the week. It was an assortment of chocolate covered treats and they were delicious. We were both still a little too burned to spend too much time out with the general population so we decided to call it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment